Mobile Software Engineer
Mux is building the future of online video infrastructure. Our first product was analytics and performance monitoring - think “NewRelic for Video” - used by major video streaming companies like PBS, Vimeo, and the New York Times to monitor and improve billions of streams. We just announced Mux Video, a simple API to video hosting, encoding and streaming - think "Stripe for Video" - which uses our performance data, machine learning, and just-in-time encoding for unmatched video quality and efficiency. POST a video in; GET a video out that plays anywhere and is deeply optimized for the target device and user. Then get creative with features like audio transcription and face detection. We think building with video should be fun, not complicated.
Online video is increasingly mobile, and we are looking for an engineer excited about making mobile video better. You can work across our entire software stack, but with a focus on development of mobile apps and SDKs on iOS and Android, with the opportunity to learn new platforms over time (like tvOS and Roku).
You’ll be joining an amazing team from places like Google/YouTube, Facebook, Twitch, Brightcove, and Bain. Our founders previously started (and sold) Zencoder, an early leader in cloud video technology. We also authored Video.js, the biggest HTML5 video player on the web. We were named one of the best Y Combinator startups of 2016, and we recently raised a Series A from Accel, joining existing investors SV Angel, Lowercase, the founders of Heroku, Parse, and others.
- You’re a strong engineer comfortable working across multiple platforms and environments. (You don’t want to be known as *just* an “iOS developer” or an “Android developer”.)
- You’ve built complex applications in iOS or Android, and have at least a little experience with both platforms.
- Video experience a plus (and the desire to dig deep into video technology a requirement).
- You’re excited to learn new technologies and platforms. “Roku? Why not!”
- Work with the best team in the video industry, including the creators of Zencoder, Video.js, and Demuxed
- Supportive culture that cares about both excellent work and work-life balance
- Salary + equity with perks like a 10-year exercise window
- Competitive health, dental, and vision insurance (99% employee and 50% dependent premium coverage)
- Commuter benefits
- Cell phone service and device reimbursements
- Catered lunches, snacks, and good coffee
- Paid parental leave
- Flex PTO policy
- Investment in career growth and training
LOCATION: San Francisco
We're working in a beautiful office space, just steps from Civic Center BART station, with catered lunches and a kitchen that's fully stocked with drinks and snacks (No remote options at this time).