Head of Business Operations
Mux is looking for a senior leader to help manage the operations and customer-facing sides of the organization.
As Head of Business Operations you will work closely with the CEO and the rest of the leadership team to drive strategy and execution as we scale. You will be responsible for driving key strategic initiatives while bringing leadership to the business side of the organization, including go-to-market and internal operations/finance.
We are an early-stage video analytics startup building the tools that will power the next decade of online video. Our founders previously started (and sold) Zencoder, an early leader in cloud video technology. We focus on building a company with a great culture, and our outstanding team comes from places like Google, Facebook, Twitch, and YouTube. We raised our Series A from Accel and were named one of the best Y Combinator startups of 2016. Other investors include SV Angel, Lowercase Capital, and the founders of Stripe and Heroku.
- Build out new functions (across sales, marketing, customer success, etc.), and put together future hiring plan for senior functional leaders as Mux grows
- Own existing internal operations such as legal, finance, and people ops
- Understand the company’s biggest challenges, and manage initiatives that solve them
- Work closely with a strong technical founding team to bring leadership and operating rigor to the business
- Manage complex, cross-functional projects and see them through to completion
- 8+ years work experience
- Experience at top-tier consulting, investment banking, or venture capital
- Management experience at an early-stage tech company
- Highly analytical and able to translate strategic business decisions to their quantitative implications
- Strong financial modeling background
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to distill complex issues into structured frameworks and concrete action plans
- Entrepreneurial attitude, and comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment with minimal guidance
- Prior experience in sales and/or marketing a plus
- Technical understanding with a passion to learn more
- Work with the best team in the video industry.
- Successful founding team that includes the creators of Zencoder, Video.js, and Demuxed.
- Supportive culture that cares about both excellent work and work-life balance.
- Salary + equity with perks like a 10-year exercise window
- Competitive health, dental, and vision insurance (99% employee and 50% dependent premium coverage)
- Commuter benefits
- Cell phone service and device reimbursements
- Catered lunches, snacks, and good coffee
- Paid parental leave
- Flex PTO policy
- Investment in career growth and training
LOCATION: San Francisco
We're working in a beautiful office space, just steps from Civic Center BART station, with catered lunches and a kitchen that's fully stocked with drinks and snacks (No remote options at this time).