Mux is building the future of online video infrastructure. We just announced Mux Video, a simple API to video hosting, encoding and streaming. POST a video; GET a video back that plays anywhere and is deeply optimized for the target device and user. Mux Video is powered by our first product, Mux Data, which measures video streaming performance across billions of video streams for customers like PBS, Vimeo, and the New York Times.
As a developer evangelist at Mux, you'll help developers build better video applications. You'll speak and write about video-related topics, help Mux users 1:1, and build tools on top of the Mux platform. We're looking for a developer who understands APIs and is excited to learn and share knowledge.
Our founders previously started (and sold) Zencoder, an early leader in cloud video technology and one of the few companies in the video space to focus on developer customers. We were named one of the best Y Combinator startups of 2016 and recently raised a Series A from Accel, who joined existing investors SV Angel, Lowercase Capital, and others. You’ll market a product that customers love, like PBS, Funny or Die, IGN, Livestream, and Wistia. You’ll work with an amazing team from places like Google, Facebook, Twitch, Brightcove, and Bain.
THINGS YOU'LL OWN & DO:
- Blog and speak about video in general and Mux in particular
- Build open-source software and tools that make it easier for developers to work with video
- Travel to conferences and meetups to talk with developers
- Write guides and documentation that help developers understand how Mux works
- Spend hands-on time helping Mux customers in Slack and in person
- Work with product management to shape product direction, especially around areas like documentation, onboarding, and API design
- Get your hands dirty on a startup team and become an online video expert
- 2+ years of solid engineering experience
- Excited about developer products and bottoms-up developer adoption
- Excited about the growth of online video and about the technology that powers this growth
- Experienced writer and speaker on technical topics
- Willing to travel for conferences and customer meetings
- Some prior understanding of developer tools, cloud infrastructure, APIs, or online video
- Work with the best team in the video industry, including the creators of Zencoder, Video.js, and Demuxed
- Supportive culture that cares about both excellent work and work-life balance
- Salary + equity with perks like a 10-year exercise window
- Competitive health, dental, and vision insurance (99% employee and 50% dependent premium coverage)
- Commuter benefits
- Cell phone service and device reimbursements
- Catered lunches, snacks, and good coffee
- Paid parental leave
- Flex PTO policy
- Long-term disability insurance
- Investment in career growth and training
LOCATION: San Francisco
We're working in a beautiful office space at 8th St. & Market (connected to the Orpheum Theatre), with catered lunches and a kitchen that's fully stocked with drinks and snacks.
(No remote options at this time)
Mux is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.