Site Reliability Engineer
Mux is building the future of online video infrastructure. Our first product is analytics and monitoring - think “NewRelic for Video." We’re solving a real need in a fast-growing industry, and customers love our product: we’re monitoring hundreds of millions of video streams for companies like PBS, Funny or Die, IGN, and Wistia, and we’re just getting started.
As a SRE at Mux, you will help build and manage a complex cloud application. We’re looking for a strong systems engineer with solid fundamentals who can wear many hats, with an emphasis on building the software and tooling to make infrastructure run better.
You’ll be joining an amazing team from places like Google, Facebook, Twitch, Brightcove, and Bain. Our founders previously started (and sold) Zencoder, an early leader in cloud video technology. We also authored Video.js, the biggest HTML5 video player on the web. We were named one of the best Y Combinator startups of 2016, and we're funded by SV Angel, Lowercase, the founders of Heroku, Parse, and other top-tier investors.
- You hate toil and love automation, monitoring, and building software to make your work easier.
- You're a Linux expert and a systems generalist.
- Kubernetes and Docker experience a big plus.
- You have deployed complex applications on AWS or other cloud services.
- Bonus if you have experience with analytics/data infrastructure, like Kafka/Kinesis experience.
- Bonus for prior experience with cloud video systems.
- You have experience managing managing production databases and know SQL well.
- You're proficient with Bash and at least one systems language (Python, Go, C).
- Work with the best team in the video industry, including the creators of Zencoder, Video.js, and Demuxed
- Supportive culture that cares about both excellent work and work-life balance
- Salary + equity with perks like a 10-year exercise window
- Competitive health, dental, and vision insurance (99% employee and 50% dependent premium coverage)
- Commuter benefits
- Cell phone service and device reimbursements
- Catered lunches, snacks, and good coffee
- Paid parental leave
- Flex PTO policy
- Long-term disability insurance
- Investment in career growth and training
LOCATION: San FranciscoWe're working in a beautiful office space, just steps from Civic Center BART station, with catered lunches and a kitchen that's fully stocked with drinks and snacks (No remote options at this time).