Mux is building the future of online video infrastructure. Mux Video is a simple API to video hosting, encoding and streaming - think "Stripe for Video" - which uses our performance data, machine learning, and just-in-time encoding for unmatched video quality and efficiency. POST a video in; GET a video out that plays anywhere and is deeply optimized for the target device and user. Then get creative with features like audio transcription and face detection. We think building with video should be fun, not complicated. Our first product was analytics and performance monitoring - think “NewRelic for Video” - used by major video streaming companies like PBS, Vimeo, and the New York Times to monitor and improve billions of streams.
As a product manager at Mux, you will help make our long-term product vision a reality by working closely with engineering, design, marketing, and the Mux founders. You will create written product definitions, spend time understanding customer needs, administer user studies, and work closely with engineering leadership on week-to-week project management. If you aren't an expert in the domain of online video yet, you will become one quickly.
You’ll be joining an amazing team from places like Google, YouTube, Facebook, Twitch and Brightcove. Our founders previously started (and sold) Zencoder, an early leader in cloud video technology. We also authored Video.js, the biggest HTML5 video player on the web. We were named one of the best Y Combinator startups of 2016, and we recently raised a Series A from Accel, joining existing investors SV Angel, Lowercase, the founders of Heroku, Parse, and others.
- 4+ years of product management experience.
- Experience with online video, developer tools, or cloud infrastructure a plus, and a desire to learn is a requirement.
- Technical fundamentals helpful - some engineering experience or a CS degree is helpful.
- You're a good writer, speaker, and communicator across a variety of mediums.
- You're organized and have an aptitude for week-to-week project management, as well as long-term product planning.
- Work with the best team in the video industry.
- Successful founding team that includes the creators of Zencoder, Video.js, and Demuxed.
- Supportive culture that cares about both excellent work and work-life balance.
- Salary + equity with perks like a 10-year exercise window
- Competitive health, dental, and vision insurance (99% employee and 50% dependent premium coverage)
- Commuter benefits
- Cell phone service and device reimbursements
- Catered lunches, snacks, and good coffee
- Paid parental leave
- Flex PTO policy
- Investment in career growth and training
LOCATION: San Francisco
We're working in a beautiful office space, just steps from Civic Center BART station, with catered lunches and a kitchen that's fully stocked with drinks and snacks (No remote options at this time).