Developer Marketing Lead
Mux is building the future of online video infrastructure. Our first product was analytics and performance monitoring - think “NewRelic for Video” - used by major video streaming companies like PBS, Vimeo, and the New York Times to monitor and improve billions of streams. We just announced Mux Video, a simple API to video hosting, encoding and streaming - think "Stripe for Video" - which uses our performance data, machine learning, and just-in-time encoding for unmatched video quality and efficiency. POST a video in; GET a video out that plays anywhere and is deeply optimized for the target device and user. Then get creative with features like audio transcription and face detection. We think building with video should be fun, not complicated.
As Head of Developer Marketing at Mux you’ll work closely with our founders as we bring a technical, API-driven product to market. You will own and drive our early marketing efforts to developers. You will become an expert in our products and will blog, speak, travel (a bit), and generally evangelize Mux. We're looking for someone who is reasonably technical, and understands either engineering or video technology (or both).
Our founders previously started (and sold) Zencoder, an early leader in cloud video technology and one of the few companies in the video space to focus on developer customers. We were named one of the best Y Combinator startups of 2016 and recently raised a Series A from Accel, who joined existing investors SV Angel, Lowercase Capital, and others. You’ll market a product that customers love, like PBS, Funny or Die, IGN, Livestream, and Wistia. You’ll work with an amazing team from places like Google, Facebook, Twitch, Brightcove, and Bain.
THINGS YOU'LL OWN & DO:
- Evangelism: write and speak about Mux and video technology
- Craft product positioning and messaging with an eye to developers
- Spend hands-on time with Mux customers to understand their needs
- Work with product management to shape product direction, especially around areas like documentation, onboarding, and API design
- Manage new product launches
- Get your hands dirty on a startup team and become an online video expert
- Strong experience with either engineering or marketing, and at least some experience with both
- Excited about developer products and bottoms-up developer adoption
- Excited about the growth of online video and about the technology that powers this growth
- Excellent, experienced writer and speaker on technical topics
- Willing to travel for conferences and customer meetings
- Some prior understanding of the online video, analytics/monitoring, or developer tools space
- Work with the best team in the video industry, including the creators of Zencoder, Video.js, and Demuxed
- Supportive culture that cares about both excellent work and work-life balance
- Salary + equity with perks like a 10-year exercise window
- Competitive health, dental, and vision insurance (99% employee and 50% dependent premium coverage)
- Commuter benefits
- Cell phone service and device reimbursements
- Catered lunches, snacks, and good coffee
- Paid parental leave
- Flex PTO policy
- Long-term disability insurance
- Investment in career growth and training
- LOCATION: San Francisco
We're working in a beautiful office space at 8th St. & Market (connected to the Orpheum Theatre), with catered lunches and a kitchen that's fully stocked with drinks and snacks.
(No remote options at this time)