Mux is building the future of online video infrastructure. Our first product is analytics and monitoring - think “NewRelic for Video." We’re solving a real need in a fast-growing industry, and customers love our product: we’re monitoring hundreds of millions of video streams for companies like PBS, Funny or Die, IGN, and Wistia, and we’re just getting started.
We’re looking for video engineers to work on a new project related to video transcoding and optimization. You’ll work in C, C++, and Go to help build a greenfield system that will change the way people publish video online.
You’ll be joining an amazing team from places like Google, Facebook, Twitch, Brightcove, and Bain. Our founders previously started (and sold) Zencoder, an early leader in cloud video technology. We also authored Video.js, the biggest HTML5 video player on the web. We were named one of the best Y Combinator startups of 2016, and we recently raised a Series A from Accel, who joined existing investors SV Angel, Lowercase, the founders of Heroku, Parse, and others.
- You want to make online video infrastructure better.
- You are an excellent C/C++ engineer. Go experience a plus.
- You know video. You can parse MP4s, hack ffmpeg, and tune it to run at huge scale in the cloud.
- You understand video publishing. While you’re comfortable deep in the weeds of video compression, you understand what customers care about and why.
- You want solve problems creatively and not just copy what everyone else is already doing.
- Work with the best team in the video industry, including the creators of Zencoder, Video.js, and Demuxed
- Supportive culture that cares about both excellent work and work-life balance
- Salary + equity with perks like a 10-year exercise window
- Competitive health, dental, and vision insurance (99% employee and 50% dependent premium coverage)
- Commuter benefits
- Cell phone service and device reimbursements
- Catered lunches, snacks, and good coffee
- Paid parental leave
- Flex PTO policy
- Long-term disability insurance
- Investment in career growth and training
LOCATION: San Francisco
We're working in a beautiful office space, just steps from Civic Center BART station, with catered lunches and a kitchen that's fully stocked with drinks and snacks (No remote options at this time).