Mux is building the future of online video infrastructure. Our first product was analytics and performance monitoring - think “NewRelic for Video” - used by major video streaming companies like PBS, Vimeo, and the New York Times to monitor and improve billions of streams. We just announced Mux Video, a simple API to video hosting, encoding and streaming - think "Stripe for Video" - which uses our performance data, machine learning, and just-in-time encoding for unmatched video quality and efficiency. POST a video in; GET a video out that plays anywhere and is deeply optimized for the target device and user. Then get creative with features like audio transcription and face detection. We think building with video should be fun, not complicated.
We’re looking for video engineers to work on the transcoding and delivery pipeline for our video API. You’ll work in C, C++, and Go to help build a greenfield system that will change the way people publish video online, including features such as just-in-time encoding, content aware encoding, qualitly rendition strategies using machine learning, face detection, audio transcription, and more.
You’ll be joining an amazing team from places like Google/YouTube, Facebook, Twitch and Brightcove. Our founders previously started (and sold) Zencoder, an early leader in cloud video technology. We also authored Video.js, the biggest HTML5 video player on the web. We were named one of the best Y Combinator startups of 2016, and we recently raised a Series A from Accel, joining existing investors SV Angel, Lowercase, the founders of Heroku, Parse, and others.
- You want to make online video infrastructure better.
- You are an excellent C/C++ engineer. Go experience a plus.
- You know video. You can parse MP4s, hack ffmpeg, and tune it to run at huge scale in the cloud.
- You understand video publishing. While you’re comfortable deep in the weeds of video compression, you understand what customers care about and why.
- You want solve problems creatively and not just copy what everyone else is already doing.
- Work with the best team in the video industry, including the creators of Zencoder, Video.js, and Demuxed
- Supportive culture that cares about both excellent work and work-life balance
- Salary + equity with perks like a 10-year exercise window
- Competitive health, dental, and vision insurance (99% employee and 50% dependent premium coverage)
- Commuter benefits
- Cell phone service and device reimbursements
- Catered lunches, snacks, and good coffee
- Paid parental leave
- Flex PTO policy
- Long-term disability insurance
- Investment in career growth and training
LOCATION: San Francisco
We're working in a beautiful office space, just steps from Civic Center BART station, with catered lunches and a kitchen that's fully stocked with drinks and snacks (No remote options at this time).
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!