Mobile Video Engineer
Mux is building the future of online video infrastructure. Our first product is analytics and monitoring - think “NewRelic for Video." We’re solving a real need in a fast-growing industry, and customers love our product: we’re monitoring hundreds of millions of video streams for companies like PBS, Funny or Die, IGN, and Wistia, and we’re just getting started.
Online video is increasingly mobile, and we are looking for an engineer excited about making mobile video better. You’ll lead the development of our mobile SDKs, starting with our existing SDKs on iOS and Android, and moving to new applications and new platforms over time (like tvOS and Roku).
You’ll be joining an amazing team from places like Google, Facebook, Twitch, Brightcove, and Bain. Our founders previously started (and sold) Zencoder, an early leader in cloud video technology. We also authored Video.js, the biggest HTML5 video player on the web. We were named one of the best Y Combinator startups of 2016, and we recently raised a Series A from Accel, who joined existing investors SV Angel, Lowercase, the founders of Heroku, Parse, and others.
- You’re a strong engineer comfortable working across multiple platforms and environments. (You don’t want to be known as *just* an “iOS developer” or an “Android developer”.)
- You’ve built complex applications in iOS or Android, and have at least a little experience with both platforms.
- Either video experience, or the desire to dig deep into video technology.
- You’re excited to learn new technologies and platforms. “Roku? Why not!”
- Work with the best team in the video industry, including the creators of Zencoder, Video.js, and Demuxed.
- Supportive culture that cares about both excellent work and work-life balance.
- Salary + equity with perks like a 10-year exercise window
- Competitive health, dental, and vision insurance (99% employee premium coverage)
- Commuter benefits
- Catered lunches, snacks, and good coffee
- Paid parental leave
- Flex PTO policy
- Investment in career growth and training.
LOCATION: San Francisco
We're working in a beautiful office space, just steps from Civic Center BART station, with catered lunches and a kitchen that's fully stocked with drinks and snacks (No remote options at this time).