Site Reliability Engineer
Mux is building the future of online video infrastructure. Our first product was analytics and performance monitoring - think “NewRelic for Video” - used by major video streaming companies like PBS, Vimeo, and The New York Times to monitor and improve billions of streams. We just announced Mux Video, a simple API to video hosting, encoding and streaming - think "Stripe for Video" - which uses our performance data, machine learning, and just-in-time encoding for unmatched video quality and efficiency. POST a video in; GET a video out that plays anywhere and is deeply optimized for the target device and user. Upcoming features like audio transcription and face detection will allow for even more creative uses of the API. We think building with video should be fun, not complicated.
As an SRE at Mux, you will help develop and maintain globally distributed multi-cloud applications running in containers on Kubernetes. You will work across the entire stack, from application logic to "infrastructure as code", with the goal of ensuring reliability and visibility into production systems while also supporting development velocity for the team. We're looking for a strong engineer who can work quickly on a small team to have a major impact on our application stack and infrastructure.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 4+ years of engineering experience. You're a strong engineer comfortable working across multiple platforms and environments.
- Solid engineering fundamentals (CS degree a plus).
- Expert level knowledge of a systems programming language (Go, Rust, C++, etc.).
- Experience in managing, monitoring, and optimizing the performance of production cloud applications.
- Experience deploying containers in a production environment (bonus for K8s experience).
- Proficiency handling networking challenges related to cross-region and cross-cloud deployments.
- Video experience a plus but not required.
You'll be joining an amazing team from places like Google/YouTube, Amazon/Twitch, and Brightcove. Our founders previously started (and sold) Zencoder, an early leader in cloud video technology. We also authored Video.js, the biggest HTML5 video player on the web. We were named one of the best Y Combinator startups of 2016, and we recently raised a Series A from Accel, joining existing investors SV Angel, Lowercase, the founders of Heroku, Parse, and others.
- A supportive culture that cares about both excellent work and work-life balance
- Salary + equity with perks like a 10-year exercise window
- Competitive health, dental, and vision insurance (99% employee and 50% dependent premium coverage)
- Commuter benefits
- Cell phone service and device reimbursements
- Catered lunches, snacks, and good coffee
- Paid parental leave
- Flex PTO policy
- Long-term disability insurance
- Investment in career growth and training
LOCATION: SAN FRANCISCO
We're working in a beautiful office space, just steps from Civic Center BART station, with catered lunches and a kitchen that's fully stocked with drinks and snacks (No remote options at this time).
Mux is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.